Thursday, August 7, 2014

Twas the Night Before School Started

Oh my goodness... it is so hard to believe the school year is already upon us!  This year, I will have not just one but both kids in "big" school.  Camden will be a 2nd Grader and Sullivan begins her journey in Kindergarten.  

I never thought I would get emotional because let's face it, who doesn't get excited over the thought of a quiet house all to your self?!?!  Well, that didn't work so well for me!  My sidekick for the last 5 years has left for school and I have no one to talk to each day, no one to run errands with each day and no one to keep me entertained!  I guess now, my husband will expect me to keep our house clean all the time since I will be home all day!

Mommy and Sullivan shared hugs and snuggles before her 1st day of big school!

We continued our tradition of tucking each child in and getting excited for school and with Sullivan, we did the same thing as we had done with Camden and we read The Night Before Kindergarten with her and read her surprise from her teacher.

Her teacher had given her a special card with special glitter to sprinkle under her pillow for good sleep!  She loved it but Daddy had to read it so I would not cry.  I read the book and got a little choked up a few times.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment